Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My move~

OK, so when I left off before I talked about Charlie's Dad, we had just gotten back from Disney and drooped the kids off at their new home and I was excited to go to my new home!  Yes, Charlie and I had a home.  I was excited to start the painting, decorating, cleaning, organizing projects, we had 1 month to get it done and move in!  We were so busy with everything the month flew by and I found myself terrified to move.  I was lucky Charlie was the great guy he is, he put all my fears to rest.  He had the patience of a saint, as I had backed out several times, and tired to start a fights with him, he laughed at me and told me my fear was "cute", really??  love that man.

I woke up on 9/15/99, feeling like it was the first day of the rest of my life.  The moving company arrived and one by one boxes where carried out until everything was gone.  I stood in the kitchen of my apartment, my safety net for all those years, so many memories, so many good times, I was happy and sad, excited and lost all at the same time.  Charlie had already left with the movers, my Mom came in and told me it was all going to be ok, she would be fine alone, yes folks there it is, the guilt.  At that moment I was happy to go!  As I drove to my new home, I was making notes in my head of what I wanted to get done that day.  I wanted to set up the kitchen and our bedroom.  Then I would do the kids rooms, I had taken a weeks vacation and would have it all done. 

We had moved some things in before hand so some stuff was in place and I was busy unpacking and decorating time just flew, the kids arrived after school and I had baked cookies, for those of you who know me, you know this was no easy task and something I had never done, I was in awe of myself.  As I watched them do homework, eat cookies and head out with friends, I was overwhelmed, it felt like I had stepped into someone else's life, this wasn't me.  I mean it was what I had always wanted, but I wasn't sure what to do with it all now that I had it.

The kids left, we finished a few things and we headed off to bed in our new home together.  This so far was the happiest day of my life!  I had a home with  the man I loved, his 3 children I loved  and I was ready to embark on a wonderful journey~  

No comments:

Post a Comment